Sometime, far in the future, someone will receive an invitation to a “meme” and out of curiosity they will track back through the links… and three years of constant investigation later they will find themselves staring at their own back and they will be so freaked out that will be the day they give up weed forever.
As far as I can track back this is how I received three invitations to this meme: Exact Science and Perfect Defect each received it from Experimental Chimp, all three tagged me with it. ExChimp was tagged by Dark2Light, who got it from MusEditions, who was tagged by Bloggin’ Cool and before them it was bloggerdygook then Ink Inc. and before her someone named “Cel”…
Ink Inc. doesn’t include a link to “Cel”, but I’ve asked her for it so I can keep going…
So those are just my branches of this particular meme tree, each of these bloggers tagged five people.
I think, from now on, the meme should include not only a list of the people we’re passing it on to, but also a list of the people who have received it before us… both to clear up any confusion so we’re not receiving the same meme, but also to see just how many links we can put into a single post before the Internet collapses.
Meme’s, from what I understand, are meant to start a conversation, so they do have merit beyond just giving people something to write about on a slow day… or to poke people with.
So here are the rules and aim of the Five Things Meme… this one asks for five lists:
1. 5 Things Found In Your Bag
2. 5 Favourite Things In Your Room
3. 5 Things You Have Always Wanted To Do
4. 5 Things You Are Currently Into
5. 5 People You Want To Tag
And here are my answers…
1. Camera; Notebook (paper); Pen; Hat (faded black with Team Canada Hockey logo); Mini-Tripod
2. A brown hand puppet of a dog’s head, it’s named “Naarrg”; a piece of paper in a hand painted picture frame a friend gave me with “Writing The Future: One day an actor will play me in a movie handing you this.” written on it; a red stuffed ‘Typhoid Fever’ microbe an ex-girlfriend gave me; an ebony elephant with ivory tusks and toenails my grandfather brought back from India back in the early 1980’s; a PTL Parallel Bible (King James andThe Living Bible versions) given to me by a dude who received it when he converted while in prison.
3. Climb Mount Logan; during the winter travel from Baffin Island, across Nunavut and the Northwest Territories to the Yukon and then Alaska to the Bering Strait; speak naturally in front of a crowd; live in Antarctica for five years; breathe underwater.
4. Photography as a recovery tool; learning Photoshop Elements 4.0; trying to get “Exposing Sploggers” off the ground; really cold 1% milk;
5. Tagged, no tag backs… I’m choosing these ones because I don’t think we visit each other enough:
Up & Down
Tales from the Trailerpark
The Show Must Go On
If you decide to take part just repost the rules and tag five people… no tag backs. If you choose not to participate you will break the chain and an entire field of cute puppies will be burned. Think of the puppies, pass this meme on.
So… lets start a conversation…