No Post Day: LingOL

“Go With The Flow”; Queens Of The Stone Age
Let me know if the YouTube isn’t available.

No Post Day started with Anita Marie — who has yet to send her lawyers after me so I’m guessing she’s still okay with me stealing the idea. I’m entertaining a guest on Friday so I’m just posting this YouTube then I have to get some dishes done and maybe find a place to hide my life size Bob Saget doll. All of this will be fuelled by Aspartame and done while I listen to John Lee Hooker sing about why, if you go around town talking about his woman, he and his brothers are gonna take you down to the river… “four of us goin’ down, only three of us comin’ back”. Ah, No Post Day… truly You are bliss.

The last few posts I’ve written have been about my surprising and new capacity to feel emotions… but, like, Really feel them. Like suddenly I’m feeling like I want to break down in tears at least three times a week. It’s something that hits people with manic depression who have been medicated or treated long enough for Real emotions to finally be felt.

Thing is I’m also, surprise, laughing out loud. I’ve never been a big laugher… the first time my mother remembers me laughing out loud I was eleven. But here I am, for the first time in years and years and years and years laughing out loud… I nearly busted a gut this afternoon watching Patrick and Sponge Bob make faces.

So my question, for anyone willing to answer is…

What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?

…since november fourteenth, 2006.

“You burn things when there’s no going back. How much of
yourself have you had to burn away to be
the person you are today? Because baby, my body
is ash and my mind is still smoking.”

This entry was posted in Bipolar, Bipolar Disease, Bipolar Disorder, Clinical Depression, crazy people with no pants, Depression, Entertainment, Health, Humor, Humour, Lithium, Living With Depression, Living With Manic Depression, No Post Day, Punk. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to No Post Day: LingOL

1. exactscience says:

Ace video.

The rubber duck bathroom van or a card handed to me saying I am a peace. The card was the sort of indignant snort that gets mistaken for laughter

2. Gabriel... says:

Dude, what’s a “rubber duck bathroom van”? And “snorting” is totally cheating, I’m looking for Laughter… like when you’re watching “Black Adder” or “Knocked Up” or… Ethan. Check this out

3. nursemyra says:

oh yeah that Ethan clip really made me laugh out loud. he’s adorable.

I also laughed out loud the first time I saw this. and the second time too

My kid swinging on a swing on her tummy, and rolling ass over tea kettle on her head as she fell off.

She was MAD but shit, it was FUNNY.

I always laughed, but lately is the first time it’s felt real.

5. exactscience says:

There is a company in Aberdeen called Rubber Duck Bathrooms. There slogan is you’d be quackers to go anywhere else. The van is just a large panel van with a picture of a big rubber duckie.

The Ethan clip is adorable. A friend posted a great one of his daughter eating a nectarine, which looks unfeasible huge as she tries to fit her mouth around it.

Regarding Blackadder – As fas as an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping – always has me laughing.

Wayne’s World – “if this is a severed head I am going to very upset” and the bugs bunny always get a laugh aswell

6. Bryan says:

I couldn’t tell you when the last time I laughed appropriately about something because I’ve been so bass ackwards about everything for so long. But if you want to hear me have a good laugh get my son to jump up and down on my gut while we are playing or cause me some other kind of pain when I am ready for it.

I always find a way to laugh my way through pain for some reason and my wife thinks I’m nuts for it.

As for Sponge Bob I never got into it until my son got old enough that he started liking it and something about being able to enjoy it feels like I have to drop my IQ by 30-40 points and just be open to anything to be able to get a laugh out of it. Thankfully I can do this trick at will and I get a simple pleasure out of Sponge Bob when I am trying to avoid dealing with the world.. 😀

7. Extrememoo says:

I found this in Bipolar Mo’s blog. I thought it was pretty funny.

8. exactscience says:

Clark, The Canadian Hockey Goalie. Nuff said.

9. sweet blog. Also, tag.

10. Gabriel... says:

exact: Clark was funny… the bicycle kick in full equipment was miraculous. The video reminds me of back in 1992 when the World Series (Baseball) was played in Toronto — the Toronto Blue Jays won the series. But it was the first time a non-American based city hosted the game and, it being played in Canada, the American broadcaster thought they’d have a little fun with the yokels/locals. So they opened their coverage by showing how new baseball was to Canada (it wasn’t, we’ve played it as long as they have… and cricket before that), so they had a pack of kids out on a baseball diamond playing baseball in hockey equipment. Cue laughter.

There was also this thing where the American Marines Honor Guard carried the Canadian flag into the stadium… upside down.

Give this a shot, it’s from a movie called Slapshot, with Paul Newman. Definitely the best movie ever made about hockey, and one of the best funniest movies as well. I highly recommend it:

Bryan: find “Invader Zim”, it’ll blow you away.

Thor: what is it about parenting where all parents seem to really get a kick out of watching the Buster Keaton-esque pratfalls their children perform… as far as I can tell the general rule is “if they bounce it’s funny.”

dash: Thanks. I don’t usually play, but I’ll see what I can do… you didn’t call no tag backs though.

11. krista says:

I have this friend who I just spent the weekend with- he is a survivor of being labelled with schizoaffective disorder. He lives medication free but still experiences some pretty wild states- and one of the reasons I love him so much is his capacity to laugh uncontrollably. He asked me if it freaks me out when he laughs like that, and I tole him I love it when he laughs like that-and he said- yeah, it’s really important for me to be able to do that.

I’ve been thinking ever since that moment we had in the car- just how little I laugh, and just how much I hold back.

The last time I really laughed out loud it was with him, watching him in his beautiful crazy laughing rampage.

It’s funny cause we know it’s coming.

Witness my daughter walking into a wall, planter, tree, person, anything inanimate for the 400th time, and falling down, then looking confused. ALWAYS funny.

I got quite the dirty look from another mother for laughing about this the other day though. Apparently her children are perfect.

13. bromac says:

I laugh at my daughter all the time, the way Thor described in her last comment. Or when she says something funny, like trying to do the whole l-m-n-o-p thing in the alphabet.

But when you said “laugh out loud” my mind did not go to those moments, but searched for one of those moments in which you laugh from your gut. Laugh so hard it is infectious. Laugh so hard your abs hurt.

………I’m still thinking~

14. melanie says:

You should hear my three year old sing “Oh Canada!” I have no idea where ‘gogifur-land’ is, but lets hope God keeps that land glorious and free also. Whatever you do, don’t try to correct her through all your laughing or you’ll pee your pants at her reaction.

15. Gabriel... says:

bromac: that was what I was looking for, but I didn’t frame the question very well… the thing is, lately, I’ve been getting those types of laughs from Sponge Bob and Invader Zim. It’s the frequency that has me kind of spellbound. I’ve laughed at/with The Office and My Name Is Earl and all that stuff before, but recently — within the past five months — it’s the frequency that has picked up. I’m interested to see if Normal Non-Sitcom People have the same effect, but most of the people I consider funneee I’ve either alienated with my post-medication antics or just aren’t around. Maybe I need to have kids…

melanie: “gogifur-land” sounds like someplace Yogi Bear would summer at… I’m reaching here, your kid sounds very cute.

16. bromac says:

Oh, The Office is a big laugh for me. That uncomfortable, holy shit I can’t believe someone actually said that, kind of way. I love Earl as well, but the funny factor has begun to drop off. I’m a fiercely loyal person, so I will continue to watch it until the end. I can laugh at pretend people all day long.

But I am lucky in that I am surrounded by really funny people. My husband and his sister are two of the funniest people I have ever met and have me in stitches all the time. As are my brothers. Oddly, it seems as if the gene skipped me?

In short (?), I guess I have no problem whatsoever laughing at others, just don’t seem to be able to laugh at myself. That’s a problem, huh. And I would imagine it has to do with being bp and unmedicated the majority of my life. Maybe life your being able to laugh out loud at others’ now, I will be able to laugh at myself sometime soon.

Sorry to babble~

17. Freya says:

Yesterday in the kitchen I was talking to my newest roommate, holding a can of whipped cream. When I talk, I jester with my hands, and somehow I slipped and shot a big streak of cream all over him. Stunned, afraid he would be pissed, yet I couldn’t keep it in…I started laughing so hard I had to lean against the fridge. The best part…when I went to put my can away and turned to face him he had grabbed his can from the other fridge (we have three) and sprayed me with whipped cream. A few minutes later, the remaining roommates came into the kitchen to see what all the noise was, only to find us laughing hysterically, the floor and both of us covered in whipped cream. I nearly peed my pants, I was laughing so hard. And damn, it felt awesome! I laugh at things, but usually they’re small ones where I make little noise.

And I’m with Thor…laugh at my daughter all the time. Come on, what children put us through, it’s the least we should get, built in comedy.